Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Language Barrier

I am notorious for not remembering where I park. Fortunately, my oldest child is essentially a human GPS and remembers odd things like this. I try to bring him with me as often as I can to places such as Target and Costco to save myself that 10 minutes I usually spend wandering around, swearing, and contemplating reporting my car stolen.

But today he let me down.

Leaving Wal-Mart I asked my trusty Garmin child which aisle our car was down, and he led us astray. We spent a good 10 minutes wandering around aisles searching for our car. Finally we happened upon our car, and not a moment too soon.

Me: "What gives, Wyatt?"

Wyatt: "I pointed to the car, mom."

Me: "No, you didn't. You pointed to a random direction and led us on a wild SUV chase."

Wyatt: "No, I pointed at the car. You just didn't get it."

Me: "How could I misunderstand a point, Wyatt? Seriously?!"

Wyatt: "Well, probably because I pointed in Spanish. I bet you don't speak Spanish, do you mom?"

3 comments:

Erin said...

Mira, mira, Jen!!

Amy Lee said...

OMFG I must wear Depends when reading your Facebook and blog....hahaha

SiMoNe said...

Wal-Mart...Parking Lot....CAR!